People who have high levels of cholesterol should avoid certain foods. They should also avoid foods which might not have high cholesterol but have the ability to raise LDL cholesterol levels.
Foods which are obtained from animals like eggs, meat or liver are high cholesterol foods. Fruits, vegetables, and whole-grains do not contain cholesterol.More...
- Amount Of People With High Cholesterol
- Can High Blood Pressure Cause High Cholesterol ?
- Can High Cholesterol Be A Symptom Of Something Else ?
- Causes Of High Cholesterol
- Coconut Oil And High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol And Hair Loss
- High Cholesterol And Natural Remedies
- Snacks For People With High Cholesterol
It has been found that most Americans aged 65 and above suffer from blindness due to a condition called ‘macular degeneration’. It is estimated that almost three million people in the US will suffer from loss of vision due to this condition by 2020.
This disorder which results due to degradation of the central part of the retina in the eye called ‘macula’ is incurable. Early detection, improvement in nutritional intake and better life-style can effect slowing down the progression of the disorder.More...
- Cause Of Macular Degeneration
- Lutein Treatment For Macular Degeneration
- Macular Degeneration And Vitamins
- Macular Degeneration Cure
- Visual Aids For Macular Degeneration
Pneumonia is a respiratory contagious disease affecting a large section of the society. Bacteria, virus, fungi and parasites have all been responsible for causing pneumonia in people. The severity of the infection depends on the person’s immune system, age and time taken for receiving appropriate treatment.
The disease is characterized by inflammation of one or both the lungs. Other symptoms include:More...
- Can You Die From Pneumonia ?
- Can You Die From Walking Pneumonia ?
- How Is Pneumonia Spread ?
- How Often Do You Need A Pneumonia Vaccine ?
- Walking Pneumonia Symtoms
- What Are The Symptoms Of Bronchial Pneumonia ?
- What Is Walking Pneumonia ?
- When Is Pneumonia No Longer Contagious ?
Considering the millions of people suffering from Alzheimer's disease all around the world, it is not strange there is constant research going on in this field. Practically every month researchers are publishing their latest finding in medicine on Alzheimer's disease. One such finding is highlighted below.
Researchers from the University of Illinois have found a possible target for Alzheimer drug within the neurons of the brain. This target is a receptor that is found in the membranes of the neurons.More...
- Alcohol And Alzheimers
- Alzheimers And Coffee
- Arts For Alzheimers
- Clinical Features Of Alzheimers Disease
- How Alzheimers Disease Affects Typing Skills ?
- Life Expectancy Of Alzheimers
- Stem Cells And Alzheimers
- What Are The Stages Of Alzheimers Disease ?
Bronchitis is the inflammation of the bronchi. These are tubes that connect the lungs and the windpipe and help to carry air from and to the lungs. The main symptom of this infection is cough with phlegm, shortness of breath and a wheezing sound while breathing when the person exerts himself. In addition, the person will also experience pain in the center of the chest, directly under the breast bone.More...
- Acute Bronchitis Symptoms
- Bronchitis Symptoms
- Diet For Bronchitis
- Difference Between Pneumonia And Bronchitis
- How Do You Prevent Bronchitis ?
- How Long Does Bronchitis Last ?
- Is Acute Bronchitis Contagious
- What Helps Bronchitis ?
- What Is Bronchitis ?
Dementia is a progressive neurological disorder that can be caused due to Alzheimer's disease, alcohol abuse, severe depression or substance abuse. It is a highly debilitating condition that impairs a person's ability to think and reason. It also affects a person's ability to communicate with people. In addition, the person will display significant changes in his or her personality, poor judgment and disorientation.More...
- Art Therapy For Dementia
- Differences Between Dementia And Alzheimer Disease
- Early Signs Of Dementia
- Life Expectancy Of Vascular Dementia
- Paranoia And Dementia
- Treatment For Dementia
- Types Of Dementia
- What Is Dementia ?
- When Dementia Turns Violent ?
A heart attack, which is medically termed as myocardial infarction, occurs when a plaque in the coronary artery ruptures and causes the formation of a blood clot. This clot causes an obstruction in the artery due to which blood cannot reach the heart tissue. As a result that affected portion of the heart starts dying, and this is known as a heart attack.More...
- Alcoholism And Heart Attack
- Cpr For Heart Attack
- Cure And Treatment Of A Heart Attack
- Early Heart Attack Symptoms In Women
- Heart Attack And Age Statistics
- How Long Does A Heart Attack Last ?
- How To Prevent A Heart Attack ?
- Silent Heart Attack Symptoms
- What Occurs During A Heart Attack ?
Aging is inevitable but aging does not always mean that you should get diseases. However, common elderly diseases have become more frequent in seniors and elderly, which could due to many reasons. But many of the common elderly disease are either chronic or progressive in nature and this makes these people dependent on their family and the local health services.More...