Tongue ulcers, also known as aphthous ulcers, are characterized by sores developed on the tongue with white colored patches on it. They are usually painless. These ulcers are not of very serious kind but when the ulcer grows it may turn red and might bleed causing burning sensation with swollen spots on the tongue. They are caused because of unhealthy eating, drinking habits and also smoking.
Causes of tongue ulcers are varied. Tongue ulcers are mainly caused due to unhealthy eating and drinking habits, as well as some medical condition. Following are some of the medical causes of tongue ulcers:
- Minor infection on tongue
- Burning of the tongue
- Herpes virus
- Cancer of the tongue
- Tonsil cancer
- Mouth ulcers
Some of the causes of tongue ulcers are associated with unhygienic habits like:
- Improper way of brushing and cleaning mouth that may lead to mouth ulcers and gradually tongue ulcers.
- Using tooth paste and mouthwashes that contain corrosive substances such as alcohol.
- Not having your food at regular intervals is one of the prominent causes of tongue ulcers.
- Eating too much of spicy and hot stuffed food can cause ulcer under tongue especially food item containing red chilies.
- Drinking alcohol and smoking or chewing tobacco irritates the tongue and leads to tongue ulcers.
- Drinking excess of hot tea or coffee in such a way that they will cause damage to the tongue.
- Dentures that irritate tongue may lead to tongue ucers.
More Articles :
- Cause Of Bleeding Ulcer
- Symptoms Of Stomach Ulcer
- What Can I Eat With A Stomach Ulcer ?
- What Does An Ulcer Feel Like ?
- Cause Of Tongue Ulcers
- Children With Abdominal Pain And Stomach Ulcers
- Diet For Ulcer
- Effects Of Cayenne Pepper On Ulcers
- Medicare And Pressure Ulcer
- Pressure Ulcers And Low Hemoglobin