As the name suggests vitamin B complex is a group of vitamins belonging to the vitamin B family and include thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, B6, folate, B12, pantothenic acid, biotin and choline. People require each vitamin B in different proportions. For instance, the daily requirement for vitamin B12 is 3 mcg while that of vitamin B3 is 18 mg in adult males.
When you take B complex vitamins, you are taking equal amounts of all the B vitamins. This does not make sense as you might end up overdosing yourself with some of the vitamins. Scientific studies have some that there are health risks from B complex vitamins overdose. People who have iron deficiency or anemia can have problems. In these people, levels of iron and manganese reduce when they take B complex. In addition, other health risks from B complex vitamins is seen is so-called normal and healthy people. Overdosing with B complex can lead to nervous energy, a state similar to a hyperactive child, or it can lead to the other end of the spectrum, that is fatigue.
Taking high doses of B complex for a prolonged period of time can lead to increase in absorption of zinc and potassium. This can be dangerous for a person who is prone to ovarian cysts, painful menstruation, chronic bladder infection, prostatitis, and inflammatory gallbladder disease.
B complex also has the potential of increasing the total cholesterol level and triglyceride level and this could be dangerous for some people. It has also shown to produce suicidal tendencies in women who have low estrogenic type of PMS. High dose of B complex can lead to palpitations, overactive thyroid and adrenal glands, insomnia, anxiety and stress. Some people also end up suffering from a condition known as burning muscle when they take too much B complex.
More Articles :
- Asbestos Health Risks
- Avoid Dangerous Health Risks On Airline Flight
- Distemper Paint Health Risks
- Ethnic Groups And Health Risks
- Health Risks And Soda
- Health Risks Associated With Tattoos And Body Piercings
- Health Risks For Human Cloning
- Health Risks From B Complex Vitamins
- Health Risks From Violent Video Games
- Health Risks From Working In Oil Refinery
- Health Risks To Binge Drinking
- Health Risks With Using Contraceptive Gels
- Male Circumcision Health Risks
- Obseity And Health Risks
- Risks To Health By Stress
- Victim Of Mobbing In Workplace And Health Risks