There are many reasons why people drink but is has been seen that most people drink because it makes them feel happy, confident and extrovert. However, all these feelings are short lived and once the effects of alcohol disappear, so do these feelings. Then there are others who drink to cope with stress and there are still more people who drink because they are addicted to alcohol.
However, as society keeps mutating, even people and trends keep changing. Today the trend is shifting towards binge drinking and this is more prevalent among the youth and younger generation. The trend of binge drinking has become quite alarming and many health organizations are making an effort to educate people about the health risks associated with binge drinking.
You should be aware the binge drinking among the youth can set a pattern for later adult life and if health problems do not arise today, they can come up in the future due to a person's drinking habits. It is well known fact that excessive consumption of alcohol can cause long term health complications. Here are some of the health risks of binge drinking.
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- High blood pressure
- Mental disorders
- Fertility problems
In addition, binge drinking is more dangerous for teenagers than adults. Teenagers face the risk of slipping into a coma, having low blood sugar levels, getting hypothermia and developing breathing problems. Alcohol also adversely affects the immune system and a person is more susceptible to infections like pneumonia, HIV and tuberculosis because of drinking.
The other effect of binge drinking is on the brain. If you binge drink in your youth, the changes of developing memory loss as you get older increase. Teenagers can even suffer from brain damage due to binge drinking as they are more susceptible to the neurotoxic effects of alcohol.
More Articles :
- Asbestos Health Risks
- Avoid Dangerous Health Risks On Airline Flight
- Distemper Paint Health Risks
- Ethnic Groups And Health Risks
- Health Risks And Soda
- Health Risks Associated With Tattoos And Body Piercings
- Health Risks For Human Cloning
- Health Risks From B Complex Vitamins
- Health Risks From Violent Video Games
- Health Risks From Working In Oil Refinery
- Health Risks To Binge Drinking
- Health Risks With Using Contraceptive Gels
- Male Circumcision Health Risks
- Obseity And Health Risks
- Risks To Health By Stress
- Victim Of Mobbing In Workplace And Health Risks