According to the statistics available from the World Health Organization, around 664,500,000 males aged 15 years and above have had circumcision and out of these 70 percent of the men are Muslims. Circumcision is highly prevalent in Muslim countries, certain countries in Southeast Asia, Africa, the United States, the Philippines, Israel and South Korea.
Although it is rare but there are male circumcision health risks that anyone contemplating a circumcision should be aware of. According to the American Medical Association, the most common complication of male circumcision is blood loss and infection. The bleeding, however, can be stopped by applying pressure.
Usually if circumcision is carried out immediately after birth, the risk of complications is very rare. But in some cases complications do occur which can range from cellulitis to necrotizing fasciitis to circumcision scar.
A major male circumcision health risk if the narrowing of the urethral opening, a condition known as meatal stenosis. This is seen to develop in babies who have circumcision at birth. It is believed that since the foreskin is no longer there to protect the meatus, ammonia from the urine present in wet diapers tends to irritate the urethral opening. When a person suffers from meatal stenosis, he had pain during urination, incontinence, bleeding after urination and urinary tract infection.
Another health risk of male circumcision is removal of too much or too little skin. If too little skin is removed, the child can develop phimosis in adulthood. If too much skin is removed, the penis glans is left without protection and this could lead to ulceration of the glans. Other male circumcision health risks include concealed penis, urinary fistula, chordee, cyst, lyphedema, necrosis of part or all of the penis and impotence.
More Articles :
- Asbestos Health Risks
- Avoid Dangerous Health Risks On Airline Flight
- Distemper Paint Health Risks
- Ethnic Groups And Health Risks
- Health Risks And Soda
- Health Risks Associated With Tattoos And Body Piercings
- Health Risks For Human Cloning
- Health Risks From B Complex Vitamins
- Health Risks From Violent Video Games
- Health Risks From Working In Oil Refinery
- Health Risks To Binge Drinking
- Health Risks With Using Contraceptive Gels
- Male Circumcision Health Risks
- Obseity And Health Risks
- Risks To Health By Stress
- Victim Of Mobbing In Workplace And Health Risks