The more obese a person, the greater is his chances of developing health problems. If a person is just slightly overweight, then the health risks are lesser compared to a person who is grossly overweight. When it comes to obesity and health risks, many people do not care because the health risks are not immediately evident. Most complications only set in after a few years.
Here are some obesity and associated health risks that you should be aware of:
- People who are obese around the abdominal area carry health risks. Evidence shows that abdominal obesity is one of the main symptoms of cardiovascular disease and insulin resistance syndrome.
- People who are obese have an increased risk of premature death. Even moderate weight gain is sufficient to increase the risk of death and this is more so in adults aged between 30 and 65 years.
- Risk of heart disease increases with obesity. People who are obese have a higher tendency of suffering from a heart attack, congestive heart failure, angina, or sudden cardiac death. High blood pressure is twice as likely to occur in obese people compared to people with normal weight.
- Obesity leads to narrowing of arteries, a condition known as artherosclerosis. This can lead to formation of blood clot and result in a stroke.
- Obese people are twice as likely to develop Type II diabetes compared to a person of normal weight. It has been seen that nearly 80 percent of people who have diabetes are also obese or overweight.
- Being obese increases the risk of getting certain types of cancer like cancer of the lining of the uterus, cancer of the colon, cancer of the gallbladder, prostate cancer, kidney cancer and post-menopausal cancer.
More Articles :
- Asbestos Health Risks
- Avoid Dangerous Health Risks On Airline Flight
- Distemper Paint Health Risks
- Ethnic Groups And Health Risks
- Health Risks And Soda
- Health Risks Associated With Tattoos And Body Piercings
- Health Risks For Human Cloning
- Health Risks From B Complex Vitamins
- Health Risks From Violent Video Games
- Health Risks From Working In Oil Refinery
- Health Risks To Binge Drinking
- Health Risks With Using Contraceptive Gels
- Male Circumcision Health Risks
- Obseity And Health Risks
- Risks To Health By Stress
- Victim Of Mobbing In Workplace And Health Risks