Leo is the fifth constellation among the 12 zodiac signs. The name of this constellation comes from the Latin word which means lion. Situated between Cancer and Virgo, Leo takes the shape of a crouching lion facing the west direction.
Here are some interesting facts about Leo, the constellation:
- Leo is the twelfth largest constellation in the world.
- Mythological history states that this constellation got its name when the fierce and strong lion who lived in Nemea was killed by Hercules
- Leo is referred to as Sher in India and Ser in Persia. The Jewish call the ruling beast as Arye while the Babylonians refer to him as Aru.
- Alpha Leonis, popularly known as Regulus, is the brightest star of the Leo constellation. Copernicus named this star. It is about 75 times the size of the sun
- Wolf359 is the star that is nearest to the Earth
- Messier 65, Messier 66, Messier 95 and Messier 96 are some of the galaxies of this constellation.
- After the Big Bang, a cloud of helium and hydrogen was left and this ended up forming the Leo ring.
- Leonids is the shower of meteors associated with this constellation.
- This constellation is visible in the evenings in the northern parts during spring season. It can be seen in the southern regions during the autumn season.
- The typical traits of Leo according to the zodiac sign are warm-hearted, bossy, extravagant, intolerant, pompous, creative, faithful and enthusiastic.
- Leo, according to astrology is a fixed sign. The individuals do not change very easily and are known to be highly stubborn.
More Articles :
- Compatible With A Leo
- Constellation Leo History
- Constellation Leo Myth
- Female Leo Profile
- Interesting Facts About Leo The Constellation
- Male Leo Profile
- What Is The Astrological Symbol For Leo ?
- What Is The Best Match For Leo ?
- What Zodiac Signs Are Compatible With Leo ?
- Where Is The Constellation Leo Located ?